Thanks to the Olympic Development Director, National Coach, team coaches, paddlers AND volunteers to allow us to run the 2016 Sunburn Camp.
We hope to see you next year, but enjoy a few pictures from this camp...
Health Form: Health Form (requires PDF reader)
Additional Information and FAQ
Who: Team USA and development paddlers, from 13 to 23 seeking to develop their skills. Each paddler must have current USACK membership
What: Intensive Paddling Camp involving Canoes and Kayaks, individual and team boats, as well as strength and conditioning, Surfski, SUP, Paddle Board, Running, Weight Room ... and FUN!!
When should Out-of-town paddlers arrive?
Do I need to bring my own boat?
What is included in the overnight camp?
• Overnight camp includes lodging in dormitories and all meals and snacksWhat will be a typical day like for overnight campers?
Overnight campers will have access to a common room for games and socializing, outside of the practice time.
How do I upgrade from a day camper to overnight camper?
May parents attend the camp?
• The camp is designed for paddlers from 13 to 23 years old.
• However, if you are interested in participating as a chaperone during the camp, please contact us, as we have a few opportunities for chaperones. At no cost, Chaperones will stay in the dormitories and enjoy meals and snacks with the campers.
• Chaperones may use any of the club equipment, as long as it does not interfere with the camp, but no formal practice will be arranged for the chaperones.
When is the deadline to register?
• The registration will close when 35 paddlers are registered. Register early to secure your spot
When do I need to pay?
What are the dorms like? What do I need to bring?• The dorms are gender - separated cabin- type accommodations with bunk beds. We recommend you bring a warm sleeping bag and pillow.
• Even if San Diego weather is mild in the winter, we recommend you bring some warm clothing, as well as wet-weather clothing. We will send a detailed packing list to all participants in advance.
What if a paddler has allergies or dietary restrictions?
For more information or questions, please contact Christophe Chevallier email@example.com